Thursday, December 25, 2008

Leaving Spain-December 3rd & 4th



My Spain trip drew to a close, and I have to say it was definitely one of the best vacations I've ever taken. Doug is one of my good friends, and it is great that we travel so well together. He and I are both into history, and so he didn't mind lingering at castles, armories, and other sites of historical significance. Our last day in Spain Brent had to be at the school, so Doug and I tagged along to tour the campus and use the internet. We went back to the house for dinner, then dressed up and headed out to flamenco. I'm not sure why, but I don't have any pictures. The flamenco was amazing though. We arrived to the flamenco bar early enough for dinner, and since we also had dinner, we had the best seats in the house!! I actually felt the sweat from the dancers.

We got our drunk selves home, then played cards until 2:30 in the morning. I tried to get a couple hours of sleep, but we had to be up at 5 to get Doug to the airport. I though my flight was at 10, but it turns out I read my reservation incorrectly. I ended up sitting at the airport for 5 hours, since my flight was at 12. Oh well, I had plenty of time to get my tax refund, wander the shops, and eat my last Bocadilla del Jamon.

I flew home through Philadelphia, and the travel time is 2 hours longer going home. I felt every minute, mostly because I was anxious to get home to Matt. I have attached the requisite photo of my phone with all my emails and messages, as well as Elizabeth enjoying her flamenco dress I brought home!!

No comments: