Saturday, November 17, 2007

Beowulf

I went to see Beowulf tonight, the new movie starring Angelina Jolie as Grendel's mother (even in the tale, she is never given a name), Ray Winston as Beowulf, Anthony Hopkins, Robin Wright Penn, and John Malkovitch. I saw the movie in 3-D, which is the version I highly recommend if you are going to see this film. I never read the tale this is based on, but the movie had looked interesting from the previews, and one of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman, adapted the screenplay and was an executive producer. I thought the movie was well-done, although a bit graphic as the monster Grendel is ripping people apart. All in all, I would rate it a 3.5 out of 5. If you are looking for some action, and nostalgic about 3-D films, add this to your list.

No comments: