Monday, May 3, 2010

Christmas 2009

My Christmas Eve started off wonderfully, with Becky bringing by her two girls to drop off Christmas cupcakes and presents! I also had presents for the girls, and managed to get them to stand still long enough for a photo.

After Matt got off work, we headed over to my parents' house for our traditional Wildermuth Lasagna night and Christmas Eve pajama presents. Mom's lasagna is always a big draw, and my Aunt Cindy, her kids, my Grandma, and all my sisters were there to participate.

However, the poor dogs were relocated to the Arizona room to cut down on the begging during dinner.

With our bellies full, and having watched the Muppet Christmas Carol as tradition dictates, Matt & I headed back home for the night, where we exchanged our Christmas presents. It was a Christmas full of music, Matt got an acoustic bass, and I got a keyboard!

The next morning we headed back for breakfast and presents at my parents house. Poor Zander was not all the way awake, and it took him a little while to warm up to the idea of Christmas morning. That did give the rest of us time to eat though.
Zander enjoyed his binoculars. It was difficult to pry them away. After exchanging all our gifts, we changed out of our Pajamas and headed to the theater for Sherlock Holmes. I was a bit dissappointed, it seemed like almost everything was in the previews. Hopefully the sequel will leave more to be discovered.

After the movie Matt & I headed to the Vestal household for their traditional Christmas dinner, cooked by Matt's mom, and gift exchange. Dinner was wonderful as always, with roast beef, polish sausage, mashed potatoes, and all sorts of great desserts. We got Matt's parents a Wii, and they were thrilled.
All in all, a very happy family filled day.

No comments: