Thursday, May 1, 2008

McDowell Mountain Music Festival-Saturday

I apologize for taking so long to get this post up, my week has been very crazy!!! I was down in Tucson for work (no pictures either!!) and just got back into town and finally have a few minutes to myself.

Anyhow, Day 2 of the festival got off to an amazing start!!! Having never been backstage at a festival, it was certainly a first for me. It was amazing to be backstage as Blues Traveler & John Butler Trio's roadies were unloading their massive semi-trailers, and meeting multiple managers for each band. As for the Mojo Farmers, they only have me, but hopefully someday I will be managing other manager's for the Mojo's!!

We got to hang out back stage, unload our trailer, and get set up. Then there was time to watch Saturday's music lineup, which started with a fellow Arizona band, Peppermint James , who really got the crowd pumped up and ready for another day of great music!!

At noon it was time for the Mojo Farmers to take the stage. The Mojo Farmers played, with special guest percussionist Henri from Rocketline. Having Henri around brought another level of energy to the music, and the Mojo Farmers started the set off on a heavy rock note with Harvest Rain! The crowd was into the music, dancing and cheering throughout the entire 45 minute set. The guys would have loved to have played all day, but, had to make room for the great bands to follow, including Toubab Krewe, JJ Grey & Mofro, The Wailers, Blues Traveler, and John Butler Trio.



I have to say that overall, the festival was a great experience. Having VIP access certainly helped! There were air-conditioned bathrooms, food, and alcoholic beverages were included in the ticket price. I highly recommend VIP passes to anyone wishing to attend next year! The access to the poser deck also brings you so much closer to the stage.


I'm looking forward to next year!! Until then. . . .

No comments: