Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Day Out with the Girls


For Christmas this year I bought my honorary nieces a day out with their favorite "Aunt." I gave them each a gift card to Chick-fil-a, a movie ticket, and a Barnes and Noble gift certificate. The girls are 9, 6 and 5, and we had a blast. Of course, I think the parents that I borrowed the girls from were more excited about having the days to themselves. I'm glad I brought the 9 year old, because she hung out with me the entire day, while the 6 year old and 5 year old entertained each other.


We only had minor conflict. There were some accusations of cheating during a footrace, but it was only because the 5 year old is much shorter than the 6 year old. I had to explain that being taller is not "cheating." They sorted it out, and we enjoyed the movie "The Spiderwick Chronicles". Both girls shared my chair for the entire movie as it was quite scary.

At the bookstore we scouted around for books. Princesses and Berenstein Bears were the big winners. And at the end the youngest girl said "It was nice going on a date with you." Awwww. It's nice to have created memories like this for the girls, and for me.

No comments: