Sunday, February 24, 2008

Gotta Tri!




I competed in my second triathlon with three of my friends on February 17th. The triathlon was a sprint-tri, with a 200 meter swim, a 10.5 mile bike, and a 2.5 mile run. The morning started out cold, it was 40 degrees at the start of the race! Luckily, the pool was heated, so that ended up being the warmest part. Getting on a bike, still wet, was interesting. I was so cold, and chattering, my transition time was horrible! But I still wound up finishing in 1 hour and 14 minutes. The website spelled my name wrong. You will find me under Amber Windermuth.



Even though I was last in my age group, I still enjoy competing in the triathlons! I plan on training even harder for my next triathlon, tentatively scheduled for March 30th, and hopefully I will come in next to last. . .



My family also braved the cold to watch my friends and I compete. It was even my mom's birthday! I have to admit, having a cheering section really does help give an extra push to keep giving it all you've got.

No comments: